Performing Arts Program
At Hill, we believe performing arts are a crucial component of a student's education. Students are able to tap into their creative side and build skills such as confidence, collaboration, perseverance, and dedication.
- All students, regardless of their Pathway, are able to take a Performing Arts course taught by Ms. Samantha Hermansen.
- Humanities Pathway students can take Theatre Arts in Freshman Year and College American Musical Theater in Senior Year.
Student life at Hill is also rich with performing arts-related clubs:
- The SJHA Drama Club puts on a Fall Musical each year and also has a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater performance this February 11th. They have also performed in the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase.
- Hill's Dance Team performs at various events throughout the year including Christmas Coffee House, Air Bands, and the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase
- The Hill Singers performs at events throughout the school year with special performances at the Christmas Coffee House and they have an annual Spring Concert along with solo acts at the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase.
In the Summer of 2022 we held a Performing Arts Audition Workshop led by Ms. Samantha Hermansen to work on their singing and audition etiquette, perform mock auditions, perfect their dancing and performance agility, and have their mock auditions pieced together into a performance day.
Students have access to our state-of-the-art Performing Arts Studio on the 3rd Floor.