Hill's Programs and Institutes
AP Capstone Program
Fine Art Program
- Fine Art I
- Fine Art II
- AP 2D Art and Design
- Art Club
- Photography Club
- Music Club
- Annual Performing and Visual Arts Showcase
- Green Fashion Show (students create fashion designs made of recycled materials)
- Fashion and Sewing Club
- Crochet and Knitting Club
STEM Project Lead the Way Program
- Robotics Club
- Girls Who Code SJHA Chapter
- Science Club
Legal Education and Advocacy Institute
Hill's Educational Leadership in Medicine (HELM) Institute
Kairos Retreat Program
Performing Arts Program
- All students, regardless of their Pathway, are able to take a Performing Arts course taught by Ms. Samantha Hermansen.
- Humanities Pathway students can take Theatre Arts in Freshman Year and College American Musical Theater in Senior Year.
- The SJHA Drama Club puts on a Fall Musical each year and also has a Murder Mystery Dinner Theater performance this February 11th. They have also performed in the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase.
- Hill's Dance Team performs at various events throughout the year including Christmas Coffee House, Air Bands, and the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase
- The Hill Singers performs at events throughout the school year with special performances at the Christmas Coffee House and they have an annual Spring Concert along with solo acts at the Annual Visual and Performing Arts Showcase.
Students can participate in student clubs focused on writing and journalism skills like "The Hilltopper" (Yearbook), “The Peak” (Literary Magazine), and "The Summit Newspaper” (Student Newspaper). They can also participate in an important way of maintaining inclusivity in communication: the American Sign Language Club or by taking our American Sign Language elective course. We also offer opportunities in student life for working on visual arts with the Video Yearbook Club.
The Hill TV Studio, in its 6th season, gives Hilltoppers an immersive experience and complete introduction to the world of professional broadcasting. From announcements to entertainment segments, the HILL TV team works hard to bring the news to the student body every morning. HILL TV regularly shares segments on their YouTube Page. here. They also have a Special Opps team that livestreams and films various school events.
Advanced Honors Program
Advanced honors students take Honors English, Honors Biology and Honors Global History. All other subjects (Honors Latin, World Language, Religion, and Physical Education) are mixed classes so all students get a chance to make a variety of friends. If a student does well in English or Honors English during freshman year, she may be recommended for Honors English in sophomore year.
All Hill students will be taking one or more Honors courses in freshman and sophomore year. We also individually program our students every year, so you are not in all classes with the same students for four years. After freshman year, some students are recommended by teachers to take additional Honors classes or A.P. courses because they did very well in their freshman classes.