Ways to Support St. Joseph Hill Academy
There are many ways you can support St. Joseph Hill Academy!
MAILING YOUR DONATION:
If you prefer mailing in your gift, please download the Donation Form enclosed and send it with your credit card information or check or money order made payable to St. Joseph Hill Academy to:
St. Joseph Hill Academy
850 Hylan Boulevard
Staten Island, New York 10305
Attn: Elizabeth Basile, Advancement Office
GIFTING STOCKS AND/OR SECURITIES:
St. Joseph Hill Academy welcomes gifts of stocks and/or securities. Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Basile, Director of Development at 718-447-1374 Ext. 9163 or email [email protected] for guidance.
MAKING A GIFT-IN-KIND:
St. Joseph Hill Academy accepts in-kind donations of equipment, books, supplies and more if the items can be used by the Academy in a meaningful way. Before accepting an in-kind gift, certain restrictions apply to ensure that tax regulations and school policies are satisfied. Shipping and handling costs necessary to accept the gift must be considered, as well as the gift's long term viability to maintain, store or insure.
Individuals and representatives of businesses and corporations interested in making in-kind donations are asked to submit the in-kind donation form.
SUPPORT THE ANNUAL FUND:
Send a yearly contribution to the St. Joseph Hill Academy Annual Fund. The Annual Fund is a crucial source of funding that allows Hill to meet its most pressing needs. Annual Fund mailings take place each Fall. These funds are used to support critical school initiatives including student financial support, educational technology, facilities, and faculty development, to name a few.
CREATE YOUR OWN NAMED SCHOLARSHIP OR STUDENT AWARD:
The Development and Alumni Office solicits funds that are used to provide student scholarships and student awards. If you are interested in creating your legacy at Hill by establishing a named scholarship or award, please see your options below:
- Create a Full Scholarship with a minimum donation of $40,000.00 to support one student’s full four-year tuition. The donor, in collaboration with the school principal, determines the selection criteria for the scholarship, and the scholarship fund can be added to at any time at the discretion of the donor.
- Create a Limited-Term Scholarship with a minimum donation of $10,000. In this case, a set amount is distributed each year until the gift is expended. Limited-Term scholarships provide scholarship support for a specified period of time and are typically funded through a lump-sum contribution. The donor determines the selection criteria for the scholarship in collaboration with the school principal, and the money is awarded over the number of years specified.
- NOTE: additional gifts can be added over time to increase and/or replenish available funds for the scholarship.
- Create a Limited-Term Graduation Award with a minimum donation of $5,000. A set amount is distributed each year until the gift is expended. Limited-Term awards provide support for a specified period of time and are typically funded through a lump-sum contribution. The donor, in collaboration with the school principal, determines the selection criteria and the amount for the annual award, and the money is awarded over the number of years specified. NOTE: additional gifts can be added over time to increase and/or replenish available funds for the award.
- Make a General Donation to the St. Joseph Hill Academy Scholarship/Financial Aid Fund to support a student’s area of greatest need, whether that's providing emergency funds to a student or scholarship support.
- Ways to Structure Your Scholarship:
- Cash Donation
- Donation of Stock or Securities
- Estate Planning
- Employer Matching Gifts
A matching gift is a great way for a donor to increase his or her contribution to St. Joseph Hill Academy. Matching gifts are provided by a donor's employer (or his/her spouse's employer) to a nonprofit organization in an equal or greater amount to the donor's gift. Companies have various methods by which they can submit their matching gift requests to St. Joseph Hill Academy. These include: paper forms; online forms (which the donor can print from the internet); and phone verification systems. The Benefits or Human Resources Office of the donor's employer (or the donor's spouse's employer) will be able to provide necessary information on the company's Matching Gift Program and the method the company uses to process matching requests.
To learn if your employer will match your donation, click here.
For more information about these options please contact Dr. Elizabeth Basile, Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations at 718-447-1374, Ext. 9163 or [email protected].
Mr. John Valenti and Ms. Allison Valenti-O'Connor
Ms. Cheryl Zabala
Matching Gift Employers
American Securities Foundation
Bank of America
Blackbaud Giving Fund
Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation
JP Morgan Chase
Michael and Susan Dell
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc (MUFG)
Staten Island Foundation
For all your SJHA Giving questions, you can contact:
Elizabeth Basile, Ed.D.
Director of Advancement and Alumni Relations
(718) 447-1374 Ext. 9163