Ways to Support St. Joseph Hill Academy
There are many ways you can support St. Joseph Hill Academy:
Making a donation online is easy and secure. Click here to make an Online Donation.
MAILING YOUR DONATION:
If you prefer mailing in your gift, please download the Donation Form enclosed on the right and send it with your credit card information or check or money order made payable to St. Joseph Hill Academy to:
St. Joseph Hill Academy
850 Hylan Boulevard
Staten Island, New York 10305
Attn: Elizabeth Basile, Development Office
GIFTING STOCKS AND/OR SECURITIES:
St. Joseph Hill Academy welcomes gifts of stocks and/or securities. Please contact Dr. Elizabeth Basile, Director of Development at 718-447-1374 Ext. 9163 or email email@example.com for guidance.
MAKING A GIFT-IN-KIND:
St. Joseph Hill Academy accepts in-kind donations of equipment, books, supplies and more if the items can be used by the Academy in a meaningful way. Before accepting an in-kind gift, certain restrictions apply to ensure that tax regulations and school policies are satisfied. Shipping and handling costs necessary to accept the gift must be considered, as well as the gift's long term viability to maintain, store or insure. Individuals and representatives of businesses and corporations interested in making in-kind donations are asked to submit the in-kind donation form.
SUPPORT THE ANNUAL FUND:
Send a yearly contribution to the St. Joseph Hill Academy Annual Fund. The Annual Fund is a crucial source of funding that allows Hill to meet its most pressing needs. Annual Fund mailings take place each Fall. These unrestricted funds are used to support critical school initiatives including student financial support, educational technology, facilities, and faculty development, to name a few.
CREATE YOUR OWN NAMED SCHOLARSHIP OR STUDENT AWARD:
The Development and Alumni Office solicits funds that are used to provide student scholarships and student awards. If you are interested in creating your legacy at Hill by establishing a named scholarship or award, please see your options below:
- Create a Full Scholarship with a minimum donation of $40,000.00 to support one student’s full four-year tuition. The donor, in collaboration with the school principal, determines the selection criteria for the scholarship, and the scholarship fund can be added to at any time at the discretion of the donor.
- Create a Limited-Term Scholarship with a minimum donation of $10,000. In this case, a set amount is distributed each year until the gift is expended. Limited-Term scholarships provide scholarship support for a specified period of time and are typically funded through a lump-sum contribution. The donor determines the selection criteria for the scholarship in collaboration with the school principal, and the money is awarded over the number of years specified.
- NOTE: additional gifts can be added over time to increase and/or replenish available funds for the scholarship.
- Create a Limited-Term Graduation Award with a minimum donation of $5,000. A set amount is distributed each year until the gift is expended. Limited-Term awards provide support for a specified period of time and are typically funded through a lump-sum contribution. The donor, in collaboration with the school principal, determines the selection criteria and the amount for the annual award, and the money is awarded over the number of years specified. NOTE: additional gifts can be added over time to increase and/or replenish available funds for the award.
- Make a General Donation to the St. Joseph Hill Academy Scholarship/Financial Aid Fund to support a student’s area of greatest need, whether that's providing emergency funds to a student or scholarship support.
- Ways to Structure Your Scholarship:
- Cash Donation
- Donation of Stock or Securities
- Estate Planning
- Employer Matching Gifts
SUPPORT OUR PERFORMING ARTS STUDIO
St. Joseph Hill Academy is dedicated to the holistic education of all students. This includes providing our students with the opportunity to participate in the Performing Arts. In addition to positively impacting academics, it has been shown that performing arts education helps students to discover their own voice, grow in confidence, develop empathy and increase ethical insight. Among the skills students will acquire are: creativity, confidence, problem solving, and perseverance. The Performing Arts has always maintained an active presence in both the High School and the Elementary School at St. Joseph Hill Academy. As our programs continue to grow, so did the need to construct a professional Performing Arts Studio! Hill’s new Performing Arts studio has been designed to be state of the art. We are pleased that we were able to redo the floors and ceiling, renovate two bathrooms, install full wall mirrors; and mount lighted, mirrored makeup and hair stations. We now have storage cubbies for the students to keep their belongings, racks for costumes and a closet for props. The renovations also included the installation of new air-conditioning and heating and a new water fountain. St. Joseph Hill Academy is currently accepting donations for our Performing Arts studio, and we invite you to consider supporting this highly valued new addition to our school. To donate, please visit www.stjosephhillacademy.com/donate/ and select Performing Arts Studio in the dropdown menu.
For additional information, please contact:
Elizabeth Basile, Ed.D.
Director of Development
(718) 447-1374 Ext. 9163