Applying to St. Joseph Hill Academy High School
St. Joseph Hill Academy welcomes girls interested in growing academically, socially, and spiritually. As our school mission states, “St. Joseph Hill Academy High School, a Catholic high school, in keeping with Christian values and the traditions of the Daughters of Divine Charity, seeks to educate and empower young women to be confident independent thinkers with strong character and leadership qualities, who stand ready to meet society’s challenges.” All religious backgrounds are welcome here.
DISCOVER YOUR HIGHEST GOOD!
Important Dates for Fall 2022
- We will announce registration for One-on-One Shadowing Dates in late August. Shadowing will begin in late-September and run through early November 2022.
- The Fall Open House is on Sunday, October 23, 2022.
- We have a number of other exciting admissions events that will be announced later this Summer for Fall 2022! Sign up here so you can be the FIRST to hear about them.
Girls flourish and reach their full potential at St. Joseph Hill Academy High School.
This is because we foster an environment that is:
- Safe (we believe all students have the right to a safe educational environment)
- Educational (we believe students rise to meet high academic and moral standards)
- Empowering (we believe in empowering students so they develop into independent thinkers and confident leaders)
- Service-oriented (we believe community service leads to social consciousness and appreciation for diversity)
- Enriching (we believe making God's love visible in the world every day is the highest good ... it is also our school motto "Summum Bonum")
Step 2: If you wish to be considered for an academic scholarship, you must sit for our Scholarship Exam on the first Wednesday in December. In addition to the academic scholarships Hill provides, there are unique Scholarship Opportunities listed here for accepted students to apply for prior to registration. They will open to applicants after acceptance letters are sent in January 2023. Hill also offered need-based financial assistance.
Step 3: Attend our Admissions Events in the Fall 2022. We will have a Fall Open House, one-on-one shadowing days, and more experiences for you to really get a feel for what it means to be a Hilltopper. Throughout these opportunities you will be able to:
- Get to know our students and the close bond they form with each other across grade levels.
- Begin exploring which academic Pathway, STEM or Humanities, you would like to be on when you are a Hilltopper. Our STEM pathway emphasizes math, technology, science, and engineering. The Humanities pathway emphasizes language, literature, history, and social sciences. Familiarize yourself with each and decide which best suits your interests. You can learn about the Pathways and our academic program of study here.
- Meet and practice with many of our sports teams and coaches.
- Learn about our vibrant student life filled with after school clubs, student government, Hill TV, Kairos, off campus service activities, and so much more.
Students are admitted based on the results of the TACHS, the applicant’s 6th, 7th, and 8th grade record. Hill considers all applicants regardless of religion, race, or national origin.
Students will receive Catholic high school admissions letters in January 2023. We encourage all accepted students to attend our annual Accepted Students' Night in late January.
Transfer students are considered for admission based on available space, current high school record, and standardized test scores. Students interested in transferring should contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected].